Thursday, May 15, 2008

Like mother, like daughter?

So yesterday we're driving around doing roll clean-up and we come to this one really nice house that is (of course) gated. Only this time we see a kid riding her bike in the drive way. She has three dogs out with her. So we pull in to the gate and the dogs come running down to see who we are. Friendly sorts. This kid is probably around 12 or so. She gets off her bike and marches down the driveway to the gate where I'm waiting. As she approaches, I tell her who I am and ask her if her parents are home. She reaches down, picks up the smallest dog and tells me, "Please leave now." Then she turns around and marches back to her bike.

And that was it.

I've come to expect this kind of rudeness from some adults but she's the youngest I've seen so far to have this kind of attitude. Most kids are quite friendly and curious as to what I have in my hands. Not this one.

Alan wanted to put it into the reject pile but I'm like, no, I'm not going to get some smart-assed kid dictate how I work. I'll keep coming back until I can talk to her smart-assed parents. :-P

No comments: