Saturday, May 19, 2007

So far, so good

I seem to be settling into a routine. After the Monday mayhem, the rest of the week is cake. I've decided that to be a car salesman, you have to smoke. There are about a half dozen sales people here along with three managers at the tent sale and if I'm not mistaken, every single one of them smoke. My mornings start with cleanup detail. I empty the trash cans, clean the porta potties, and then start sweeping up all the cigarette butts. I get about five dustpans full every morning. The butts are all over the lot. Amazing. Once that is done, I start up the music (XM radio :)) and open the gates at 9:00. I plug in the inflatable and then retire to solitude in the motor home. If they need anything, they come fetch me. The rest of the day is pretty much goof off time until 8 or so when I go fire up the light towers. The sales people try to shut it down by nine but if they have customers, they'll finish up with them first. When they leave, I turn off the lights and close the gates. I'll stay up till about one or two and then get some shuteye until the next morning.

And that's about it.

Now Sunday, I'll tear it all down and go to the next spot, which in this case, will be Mascotte, a burg just west of Orlando.

That will be convenient as it's relatively close to LazyDays which is where I'm taking the motorhome to be serviced while I'm up in Delaware settling on the house. My house has some queer electrons running around in it causing my radio to shut off and the fridge to click.

One interesting thing that happened this week was I fell off the lift on the truck. How embarrassing. I have a HUGE bruise on the inside of my thigh where it hit the side of the lift as I was going down. I fell about four feet and landed on my side. Other from the massive bruise, I didn't hurt anything else. I was very fortunate. Now I double check to make sure of where I am when I'm standing on the lift.

Tomorrow night is tear down night and the DSL at the new site isn't going to be installed until Tuesday or Wednesday. By then I'll be able to blog about how the relocation deal goes down.

See you next week.

2 comments:

blkrose said...

Hey Carol,

Glad to hear all is going well. You and the boys look great! I really miss you being here - I don't talk with many people.

Ms. Minus was in the hospital, but she is home now. I don't think her doctor is letting her come back anytime soon. She had a minor heart attack. I talked to her and she is feeling a lot better.

Classes are over and I can cross another semester off my list (4 classes) and another 4.0. I start Summer I tomorrow, am taking two classes, and I will finish up with three classes in the fall! I would like to participate in a graduation ceremony, but after I finish in Dec. - May seems so far away. I will have my Degree and after that who cares. Raheem, Terry and family say that they want me to walk, so I might. Anyway, I am going to enjoy the rest of this day without any assignments yet, so I will talk to you soon. See ya and take care.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.