Thursday, May 24, 2007

Mascotte

To me, Mascotte is more like an extension of Clermont. Actually, it's more like an extension to an extension. You have Clermont, then Groveland, then Mascotte. I don't know which is smaller, Mascotte or Williston. However, the tent sale seems to be going really well so I guess it doesn't matter.

I had my first (kind of) major screw up on Sunday when I let the truck driver go without getting the generator. That kind of upset Doug (and I don't blame him) because now he had to come to Williston to get it. It was pulled in next to my motorhome and the driver couldn't get to it with the truck because there were three SUV's in the way. Doug said I should have made him wait for the car haulers to get back so they could move them. So Doug wasn't too happy with me at the time but he got over it.

Other from that, things are going pretty good. The tent people didn't get to Mascotte until after 1 in the afternoon on Monday. So that put me way behind the power curve on getting set up. I had a helper and the dude was great. His name is Mark. He's going to be back on Monday night to help me tear it all down. The DSL didn't get hooked up until yesterday so my blog is kind of late this week.

WHAT is the deal with these lovebugs???? They are a huge nuisance for motorists here in Florida because they spatter all over your hood and windshield. From what I've learned, they are just harmless flies and are actually beneficial to the ecology here. But if you don't get them off your car within a few days, they'll ruin the paint. Here is a link that tells all about them:
http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/BODY_MG068
There are thousands of them in this field where our tent sale is because of all the straw and thatch on the ground. If you walk fast you better walk with your mouth closed or else they'll end up in your teeth. Yuck.

I thought Delaware was windy. The wind has not stopped blowing here in Mascotte since Monday. Well, actually it dies down at night but by around 8 in the morning or so, it starts back up again and blows all day till dusk. No awning this week, that's for sure, because gusts are up to around 25 mph.

No comments: