Saturday, May 26, 2007

Odds and Ends

Rusty surprised me today. He hasn't played NASCAR dog in over two years but this morning he took a notion to play. I was emptying the trash in the tent and Rusty just decided that he wanted to play. He started running around in circles which, of course, Gizmo can't resist giving chase so the two of them ran around for at least five minutes all around the tables. That cheered my heart to see Rusty feeling frisky again. I think he figured out that he could use the tables to his advantage to stay ahead of Gizmo so he couldn't easily catch him. I haven't seen them play NASCAR dogs since Rusty contracted Lyme disease. The used to do it all the time so it was nice to see them play just like old times.

My leg has a serious knot on it. I think I tore part of the muscle when I fell off the truck. There is a dent in my thigh about four inches wide and then a very hard ridge next to it. That particular spot is pretty sore but the huge bruise is almost gone. Only the outside edges are visible so apparently most of the blood has been absorbed. But whenever I kneel down, the dent in my leg gets really tight. I guess it's scar tissue. I'm considering having Dr. Parise look at it but I can't imagine what could be done about it at this point in time.

I was diesel girl today. I spent over $200 in fuel since diesel is $3 a gallon here. The truck took $107 and the rest went into the containers to fill up the generator and all the light towers.

There are bugs here they call Palmetto bugs -- which is a bullshit name because all they are are flying roaches. I killed the first one in my house today. I knew sooner or later they'd make it inside as they are all over the place down here. They are fast little suckers too. I hate 'em. I can deal with the damn lovebugs but these freakin' roaches piss me off just because they're so obnoxious. Normal roaches hide during the day and you usually only see them scurrying for cover at night. These Palmetto bugs are brazen little buggers and fly all over the place during the day. There were dozens of them at the campground in Williston and I thought they'd get in the house while I was there but tonight was the first time I've seen one inside. It took me a while but I finally killed his ass.

These mosquitoes are starting to get on my nerves too. I need to get something to get rid of the itching. I'm guessing that's what Rusty and Gizmo are scratching at. Mosquito bites. We all suffer together.

I'm listening to Marilyn Manson on Sirius radio. I've decided that I like his music but I can't bring myself to buy any of his stuff just because he's so strange looking. Same reason I never bought any of KISS's stuff back when they were big in the 70's.

Next week I go back to Delaware to settle on the house. I'm dreading it because for me Delaware just represents a lot of heartache. Three divorces, a lost job that I poured my heart and soul into, and a lost house that I really loved. Not to mention all my stuff that I also really loved. I like my new life ok but I still get depressed when I think of how hard I worked for what I had for all those years. And it makes me mad. I'm still trying to deal with the anger.

1 comment:

blkrose11 said...

Hey Carol,

This is Tracy - did you get my other comment I left ya? I was sitting at my computer on-line class with Dr. Skelcher, African American History from 1865. I am bored as hell! It's not so bad, I just am a talker. I need to hear the voice, instead, I am just reading lines. Oh well. I know it's tough sometimes, but as you once told me, all is relative. Think of somthing that could be worst and put it into perspective. Not much to go one, but...I hope all is well and have a safe trip back to Dover. Call me and we can do lunch!