Monday, December 3, 2007

Joe is the MAN!

First, I want you all to know that my boss, Doug, has very cool parents. His mom has let me stay at her house all week and his brother, Joe, has done all the little things to my RV that I've been trying to get done for months. Joe is the bomb! First he installed the cyclone thingy that goes on top of the black tank vent. The he installed my rain gutter extensions (even though they were the wrong kind he made them work). Then he checked the air pressure in all my tires and aired up the ones that were low. Then he did The Great TV Swap for me. I bought a new Sony Bravia and he took out my old, HEAVY, TV and put in the lighter Bravia. This was no easy task. First he had to take off the cabinet frame, remove the TV brace, and then take out the old TV which must have weighed a good 80 pounds. Then he had to put in a piece of plywood for a brace to mount the wall brackets to for the new one I bought. But let me tell you what. His work is immaculate. My new TV looks like it was made for where it is better than the old one did.

And on top of all that, he swapped out the front rope light switch. This may seem like a trivial thing but hear me when I say this. This one little thing to me was huge. I have rope lights above all my cabinets -- one in the galley, one above the table, and one behind the TV and front cabinets. The switch to the rope light in the front was located WAY BACK INSIDE the right cabinet next to the antenna/cable switchbox. I had to stand on the dinette bench and put one foot on the passenger seat in order to reach that switch. Needless to say I rarely bothered to turn on the rope lights behind the TV because the switch was so damn hard to get to.

Now, there are two switches located under the table cabinets. The one on the right is for the rope lights above the cabinets. The one on the left (toward the front) is for the little hallway night light. This made no sense. I already have a switch for that light in the bedroom. Why put one for it way up front in the coach?

So what Joe did was to rewire the rope light switch inside the front cabinets to the one under the table cabinets.

Now I can turn on my rope lights without fifty dozen gyrations to get to the damn switch. One on the left, one on the right, flip-flip, done.

It's such a small thing but to me it has relieved something that annoyed me immensely.

Even right now, all my rope lights are on. They give just enough offset lighting to make it nice in here.

Thanks Joe!

This past week, I've been working my new job. I have a gig with Air Photo where I sell aerial photos of people's houses to the home owners. It's a great job and I like it. I made almost $600 this week and I only sold 13 pictures. My goal was 20 and I missed that but hell, it's my first week on the job. I'll get better. At least I'm making money instead of losing it when I'm not working events.

Tomorrow I leave for Sebring for an RVW rally. After that I'm going to the Bradenton area to camp and to sell more pictures. My next event is Christmas week in St. Petersburg.

You may have noticed that I don't discuss my relationships in my blog very much. I'm not one to kiss and tell. However, I'm excited these days in that I have a new man in my life. He is from the UK and he's coming to see me on the 18th. I am almost beside myself in anticipation of meeting him. And that's all I'm going to say about that. Once we are definitely a couple, I'll introduce him to all my blog readers.

I just wanted my friends to know that things are looking up and I'm happier now than I've been in a long time.

No comments: