Tuesday, November 20, 2007

3-shirt weather

Aside from all the pests down here, I'm actually starting to like Florida. I now see why all the snowbirds come down here as the days are sunny and warm and the humidity is way down so that you actually enjoy being outside. It gets pretty cool at night but that only makes for good sleeping weather. In the morning, I wear my fleece when the temp is in the 50's. Then by 10 or so, it's warmed up where the fleece can come off and a T-shirt is comfortable till the afternoon. By then, it's getting pretty warm so off comes the T-shirt and on goes the sleeveless shirt. Then by dusk, it's time to dress warm again. So you have this constant adjusting of clothes as the temps range from a cool 40's and 50's at night to a warm 70's and 80's during the day.

It's nice not having to run the air conditioner constantly. I haven't had it on since I came back from Mississippi. At this particular site, I have the generator dedicated to my house as the tent is running off a power pole. I only use the generator from about 5:30 in the evening till 11 or so (long enough to charge up my house batteries) and then I turn it off. Less racket.

Happy Birthday Tammie! She turned 45 the 19th. Also, my grandson had his first birthday on the 10th. Happy Birthday Lucas!

No comments: