Saturday, June 16, 2007

Car wash girl

Well, the towbar deal for the 20th didn't exactly work out. Actually, the base plate won't ship until the 18th and I probably won't get it until around the 25th. My event in Callahan got slipped a week so I'm spending a week off at an RV resort called Flamingo Lake which is just south of the Jacksonville airport. It's been a nice respite and the resort is very nice. All the amenities including a cafe, a beach on the lake, a rec center and lots of activities -- none of which I've participated in preferring instead to just chill out all week. The main thing that's nice is I have a shady spot for which I'm grateful after spending a week in the sun in a K-Mart parking lot. The asphalt would get so hot in the afternoon that the boys couldn't even walk on it. I had to carry them over to the grass so they could do their business. The air conditioner would run constantly all day from around 10 till 8 trying to keep the coach cool. The temp would get up to about 80 but it was still way cooler than it was outside.

My biggest accomplishment this week was getting the motor home washed and truck washed and waxed. The motor home looks brand new again. I hadn't realized how dirty it was until the next day when the sun was shining on it and it looked so white. I also paid a man named Lou $50 to get my carpets cleaned. They were filthy black from the asphalt at my last event on Beach Blvd. Then I gave him another $10 to get the rest of the bugs off the cap of the motor home. I scrubbed yesterday until my arms felt like they were going to fall off. I got about 70% of them off but the last bit I just couldn't reach. Lou had some chemicals and a pressure washer and it took him about 15 minutes but the cap now looks as good as new. I could strangle the people down at Lazy Days for not washing the motor home when I asked them to.

Speaking of which, I finally got my new radio. Lazy Days overnighted it to me and I put it back into the dash by myself -- which is obvious because I couldn't get it to fit right so now it's just kind of sitting in the hole but it works so I'm happy. While I was at it, I hooked up the input for the Zen so now I can play it through the radio too. But I got my Sirius radio back and that's a good thing. I also broke down and got a Magellan so now when I drive the motor home, I'll be able to navigate like I'm able to do in the truck.

Since my carpets are now clean, I went to the Home Depot and bought a couple rugs to put down in the aisle from the cab to the kitchen to help keep it clean. New Rule: Shoes come off at the door from now on. The boys love the new rugs because they are now the softest part of the floor.

One more week till I get the tow bar (I hope). I've arranged for one of the park office workers (Debbie) to give me a ride from Callahan back to the park on Sunday night. She'll follow me as I take the truck up there and leave it. Then I'll take the motor home up there Monday morning. Since Callahan is only 11 miles from the RV park, it's not too far out of the way for Debbie.

That's about all my news for this week.

No comments: