Sunday, June 24, 2007

The bracket is in!

Friday the bracket for my truck came in. I am so glad I am in heaven. I called Camping World and was brought back to earth in a hurry. They wanted $109 an hour to install the bracket, Brakemaster, etc. and they said it would take 8 hours. I was thinking.....is that legal? That comes out to $1.81 a minute. They said it was because I didn't buy the parts from them. That's bullshit. I guess it doesn't matter that I was going to buy the Guardian from them (to shield my truck from rocks) and that thing costs $400.

So I called a few places around JAX but no luck. Theresa in the office told me to try the place where they take their trucks for service so I did. The man there (Bob) used to live in Chadd's Ford, PA and he worked at Winner Ford in Smyrna. Small world. He *reluctantly* agreed to install my bracket and towbar and his rate is much more palatable -- $75 an hour. I think he only agreed to do the work because I was from Delaware but it works for me. I'm going to call Camping World back tomorrow and tell them to either beat that rate or stick it.

I have poison ivy bumps on my foot and leg. I guess there was something in the tall grass here at the lot that got on me. I am so susceptible to anything of that nature that I can just look at it and break out. I haven't had it since I left Mississippi many years ago. Welcome back to the South. My legs and feet look pretty sad. I have so many bumps, bites, and bruises on them. I scrub my feet when I take a shower but my soles always still look dirty to me. Last week, after several days at the campground, my hands and feet finally started to look clean. But now they're grungy looking again and will probably stay that was till this event is over.

I took the boys over to play with Jim and Rose's poodles this morning since I had to go back to the office to pick up some balloons and gift forms. Jim and Rose are workampers who live at the new office while Jim recovers from knee surgery. Their poodles are Pepper and Darla. Darla loves to run and Gizmo had great fun chasing her. Giz can catch Rusty but he couldn't catch Darla as she was too fast for him. They had a blast running round and round the building. After a while he was tuckered out and gave up. But they behaved themselves and I was glad for that because they don't get to socialize with other dogs very much. I was initially sort of worried that Giz would be too aggressive but they played very well together with no goofyness.

A window broke on a Durango today. I know for a fact that it was OK this morning because I go around all the cars every morning looking for dog poop. They found it this afternoon. The only thing I can think of is the window must have been defective and it shattered from the heat. There was glass inside and out. It was in the upper 90's today and more of the same is expected for the rest of the week.

No comments: