Monday, August 18, 2008

Swift

Tomorrow is the big day. Alan has another chance to get with a trucking company. Swift has given him an orientation date and we leave tomorrow for Lancaster, TX which is just south of Dallas. I'm driving him up there since it is only 80 miles away from Waco and I didn't have the heart to see him endure another bus ride from hell. Supposedly he has three days of orientation and then he's supposed to go out with a trainer for six weeks. After the fiasco with Arrow, I'll believe it when I see it. The sad thing about it is after getting jerked around for so long, Alan is super cynical now and has lost his positive attitude. This job is now a chore rather than a money making opportunity. Which sucks as I've already had experience with a man who hated his job and I know how damaging to the psyche it can be. I have been trying to convince Alan to give Swift a chance and to try to not be so critical. We'll see how it goes.

No comments: